Our Story

How it all started...

Started in 1942 under Pastor Edward Rosen first on Main and Euclid until moving to 4th and James St.  in Albert Lea, MN on August 26th 1954. The Church would continue to grow.  Having many pastors over the years.  From 1950 to 1952 Pastor Waldo Trask pastored the church.  Rev. Trask was the father of former AG Superintendent Thomas Trask, who attended school here in Albert Lea, while his Dad pastored the church.
Needing new land and a larger building for its continued growth, the church acquired 1540 S. Shore Dr. our current location. Ground breaking for the new land was March 12 1973.  The building has grown over the years.  Over the decades the paint on the walls would change and decorations would come and go with the times.  A private school, Albert Lea Christian Academy would be started by and through the church from 1979 to 1986.
 Pastor Lee Freshour would lead the church until his retirement in 2017.  After which, Pastor Ryan Quigley was elected a year later to serve as the Lead Pastor

Expanding the vision...

It is our desire that we are a people hungry for more of God.  The Bible tells us that if we hunger and thirst for righteousness we will be filled.  Not only do we want to mature in out own walk, we want others to see the transforming love of Jesus Christ and how it can transform their own homes!

The building is just the building, the real church is people, and its our desire to see lives changed by the power of God.

Where we are headed...

We are entering a great new season!  We are excited for the possibilities for ministry!  There are going to come great avenues for outreach, missions trips and more that we are excited to use and implement to drive the church forward into all the lays ahead of us! 

Be a part of our story...

Join us every week as we gather to worship together